How to configure the MS SQL Attix5 Pro Plugin
Article ID: 12 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 9:13 PM
The Attix5 Pro SQL plug-in enables backup protection of 2005/2008 (inc R2) and 2012 SQL Servers down to the individual table or file group.
Installation & configuration
- Install the Attix5 Pro Server Edition client as normal. Download and run the plug-in installer. This can be downloaded from the download page.
- Run the plug-in installer and tick the MS SQL plug-in and click Ok.
- Open the backup client. You will notice a new MS SQL Plug-in on the left hand side file selection tree.
- Click on this plug-in and ensure that the database dump location has sufficient space available.
- Click Add New Server Instance and click on localhost:1433. Enter in the username/password for the SQL database.
- Click Apply.
- Click on the + icon to see a list of databases to select. You may need to configure the SQL service to listen on port 1433 if databases are not displayed. See this knowledgebase article for more information.
Backup SQL databases
- You will now be able to right-click and select the required SQL databases for inclusion in the backup.
- Run the backup manually or leave for the automated backup schedule.
- The backup client will take a complete database dump of the databases and backup these dump files.