How to perform a BackupVault Pro disk snapshot import
Snapshot Restores can be used to restore data directly from disk if your internet connection is not fast enough to complete a restore in a timely fashion. Data is first exported by BackupVault from the BackupVault Storage Platform onto a removable USB disk, which is then shipped to the end user.
Should you require a Snapshot Restore, please first contact BackupVault support by sending a support ticket to email@example.com.
Import a backup snapshot
In the event that a server has failed, you will need to reconnect to the failed server’s backup account, just as you would to restore over the Internet.
- Once received from BackupVault, connect the removable disk to your restore machine, and locate the backup account name folder.
- Take note of this and in the BackupVault Pro client, go to Tools, Snapshot and then Import Restore Snapshot.
- Click Browse and locate the directory on the USB disk where the snapshot is located and click Select
- Tick Show Restore Snapshot(s) in Restore panel
- Click OK
- In the restore panel you will now find Snapshots underneath the Previous Backups in the available backup dates in the left hand panel
- You can now click on the Restore tab to browse the snapshot data
- Right click on the file/folder(s) you wish to restore and click Restore
- The files will now be restored directly from the USB snapshot drive