How to restore a virtual machine using InstantData and BackupVault Pro
The BackupVault Pro client allows you to backup entire virtual machines with ease by performing a full system backup. Once completed you can restore the virtual machine ready to start within a hypervisor such as VMware, Hyper-V or Azure.
Initiate Full System Recovery from the Console
- Open the Management Console and login with your username and password.
- Right click on the name of the backup account you wish to restore and select InstantData, Open.
- Select Full System Recovery and click Launch.
- Enter your encryption key and click Next.
- Chose your target of either Local Virtual Disk Files, vSphere, or Azure. If you are unsure, select Local Virtual Disk Files.
- Select your Disk Type. This depends on your target, but will usually be VHDX (Hyper-V) or VMDK (VMware).
- Click Browse to choose a Target Folder and ensure it has enough free disk space.
- Click Start to begin the virtual disk restoration.
Once the virtual disk has restored successfully, you can import this file into your chosen hypervisor.