How to run the Attix5 service as a specific user
Article ID: 10 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Fri, May 16, 2014 at 2:31 PM
In some circumstances you need to configure the Attix5 backup client to run as a specific user. By default the Attix5 Pro service runs under the Local System account. The main reason to change the user is to enable the Attix5 Pro service to access files/folders that only a specific user or group has access to.
- Under the Control Panel, go to Administrative Tools and click on Services.
- Right-click on the Attix5 Pro service and click Properties.
- Select the Log On tab and click Log on as: This account.
- Click the Browse button to select the correct user. You can also type in domain\user. Specify the password for this user and click Ok.
- Stop the service and start the service to verify that it starts and that the username/password is correct.
The Attix5 Pro backup client will now be able to read and backup the selected files.
Posted by: Rob Stevenson
- Fri, May 16, 2014 at 2:31 PM. This article has been viewed 3137 times.
Filed Under: Backup, Installation
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
How to calculate your backup upload speed
Viewed 3149 times since Fri, Jun 27, 2014
Perform an Attix5 disk Snapshot
Viewed 3617 times since Fri, Jun 13, 2014
How to Backup Hyper-V Guests
Viewed 2253 times since Thu, Aug 13, 2015
How to Run a Snapshot Export Backup
Viewed 1671 times since Sun, Aug 16, 2015
How to Restore Windows System State
Viewed 2131 times since Sun, Aug 16, 2015
Exchange Backup Frequently Asked Questions
Viewed 2226 times since Mon, Aug 17, 2015
How to Backup Windows System State
Viewed 1989 times since Sun, Aug 16, 2015