How to run the Attix5 service as a specific user
In some circumstances you need to configure the Attix5 backup client to run as a specific user. By default the Attix5 Pro service runs under the Local System account. The main reason to change the user is to enable the Attix5 Pro service to access files/folders that only a specific user or group has access to.
- Under the Control Panel, go to Administrative Tools and click on Services.
- Right-click on the Attix5 Pro service and click Properties.
- Select the Log On tab and click Log on as: This account.
- Click the Browse button to select the correct user. You can also type in domain\user. Specify the password for this user and click Ok.
- Stop the service and start the service to verify that it starts and that the username/password is correct.
The Attix5 Pro backup client will now be able to read and backup the selected files.