How to run the BackupVault Pro service as a specific user
In some circumstances you need to configure the BackupVault Pro client to run as a specific user. By default theBackupVault Pro service runs under the Local System account. The main reason to change the user is to enable the service to access files/folders that only a specific user or group has access to.
- Under the Control Panel, go to Administrative Tools and click on Services.
- Right-click on the BackupVault ESE Pro service and click Properties.
- Select the Log On tab and click Log on as: This account.
- Click the Browse button to select the correct user. You can also type in domain\user. Specify the password for this user and click Ok.
- Stop the service and start the service to verify that it starts and that the username/password is correct.
The BackupVault Pro client will now be able to read and backup the selected files.