How to setup remote management in the console
Remote Management enables the Backup Administrator to remotely access and configure the Backup Client using the Storage Platform Console. For it to work, you first need to enable Remote Management on the Server Edition client software.
Enable Remote Management on the client software
- Open the Attix5 Pro SE client software and select Tools, Remote Management.
- In the Remote Management Settings, select Enable Remote Management check box.
- In the Connection area, ensure that the port number in the box is correct and is available to use. The default is 9091. If you wish to use another port, enter it here.
- If the server has multiple IP addresses, you can specify whether the Remote Service should bind to all addresses or a specific address.
- In the Access area, specify the credentials to be allowed. Tick Allow SP controlled access to allow management console administrators access. You can also specify a custom username/password if required in the boxes below.
- Click Ok to save the settings. The service will restart to apply the settings.
Allow the remote management port through your firewall
In order for the Attix5 Management Console to access the backup client remotely you need to ensure that your public facing firewall allows port 9091 to be port forwarded to the server running the Attix5 Pro client software. Consult your firewall user guide for further information.
You will also need to ensure that the Windows Firewall or any third party software firewall allows port 9091.
Access the backup client through Remote Management
You will now be able to connect to the Attix5 Pro client through the Management Console.
- Open the Management Console and right-click on the backup you wish to administer. Click Connect to Backup Client.
- By default the console will list the last public IP address used by the backup client. Change this if necessary and ensure the port number is correct.
- Enter the credentials used earlier and click Ok.
- Once connected to a Backup Client, four tabs are displayed: Summary, Backup Selection, Restore and Logs.
- The Summary tab displays backup account information and configuration settings.
- The Backup Selection tab allows you to modify and select files/folders for inclusion in the backup.
- The Restore tab allows you to select and restore files. Select the files you require and click Restore to start the restore process.
- The Logs tab shows you a list of the previous log entries.
You also have full control over any backup account configuration options. To do this:
- Click the Options button on the main toolbar.
- In the Backup Agent Propertis dialog box, configure the tabs as required.
- Click Ok for the changes to take effect.