Recommended Antivirus Exclusions for BackupVault Pro
On a modern operating systems, it is likely that some form of threat management system is installed. While in the past, only antivirus and port/application-based firewall solutions were common on hosts, intrusion prevention systems (IPS) are increasingly becoming the norm. These can perform traffic and behaviour analysis, and block suspicious activity.
To a threat management system, BackupVault Pro client software behaviour can sometimes appear suspicious. If not excluded from threat management system monitoring, these applications can prevent BackupVault Pro from backing up successfully.
Installation folders to exclude
- C:\Program Files\BackupVault\ and all sub folders
- C:\ProgramData\BackupVault\ and all sub folders
- System State Folders for Windows 2008 (assuming C: is used by System State)
If any working folders or plug-in “dump” locations are moved, ensure that these are also excluded.
Processes to exclude
- C:\Program Files\BackupVault\Backup Client ESE\a5backup64.exe
TCP ports to exclude
The other ports used by the Backup Client are randomly selected, but can be manually specified in the a5backup.properties file:
- service.rpc-server.localhost.port=port number 1-65535
- service.rmi.port=port number 1-65535
- service.port=port number 1-65535
The ports must be unique, and not clash with any existing services. Ensure the GUI is closed and that the service is stopped before editing the file.