BackupVault Pro makes use of the Microsoft Volume ShadowCopy Service (VSS) to back up open files such as a SQL server or Outlook PST files. The VSS plug-in utilises VSS on a much more advanced level by allowing you to protect any VSS-enabled database and application available on your server with a single plug-in; without the need for a database dump.
We support the following versions of Microsoft SQL:
- SQL 2012
- SQL 2014
- SQL 2016
- SQL 2017
- SQL 2019
Installation & Configuration
- Ensure the BackupVault Pro software is installed and a backup account has been created.
- Open the BackupVault Pro software. You will now notice a SQL tab on the left hand side.
- Right click on the specific database you need to backup and click on Include.
- If you would like to backup all databases, right click on the top SQL tree and click Include.
- Click on Backup to start the backup process.
Restoring MS SQL Databases
If you would like to restore a database, follow the How to restore MS SQL tutorial.