The BackupVault Pro client has the ability to backup network drives. Shared network volumes can be added to the Network view in your ESE agent, and files in these locations can then be included in the backup selection. It is not advisable to backup by selecting a mapped network drive in case the server is logged off. For any issues with backing up network shares, check the troubleshooting guide.
Note: Only fixed drives and network shares can be added. Removable media cannot be backed up.
Adding a network share
The recommended method is to backup a UNC path as described below:
- Open the BackupVault Pro software and click on the Network tab on the left hand side.
- Specify the network path you wish to connect to
- If the share requires a username/password, enter them in the corresponding boxes.
- The network path will now be visible in the backup selection tree on the left hand side.
- Right-click on the desired files/folders you require to be backed up and click Include
- Click Backup to run the backup job.