Download the latest BackupVault Pro ESE client from the downloads area. Install the software using the default settings. Ensure that you add exceptions to your antivirus software as per our recommended antivirus exclusions tutorial.
Create a Backup Account
Once the BackupVault client has been successfully installed, you will be presented with a setup wizard. Follow the steps below:
- Enter in the Storage Platform Address, Backup Group and Account Create Key as specified in your setup email and click Next.
- Click I want to create a new Backup Account and click Next.
- In the Backup Account Name field, enter in your company name or name of your server. Enter in a password, encryption key and click Next.
- Click Next twice and your account will be created successfully.
- Click Finish to complete the setup wizard.
Perform a Backup
- In the Backup Selection area, right-click on the file/folder you with to backup and click Include.
- If you need to exclude any files/folders, right click on them and select Exclude.
- Click Backup to perform your first backup.