The BackupVault Pro client allows you to mount a virtual drive with ease using the InstantData service. This method allows you to access a full restore point as if it was in a regular mounted drive, but only downloading the data you require.
Initiate Temporary File Access from the Console
- Open the Management Console and login with your username and password.
- Right click on the name of the backup account you wish to restore and select InstantData, Open.
- Select Temporary File Access and click Launch.
- Enter the account Encryption Key.
- Select a restore point and drive letter, then click Mount.
- You will now have a temporary drive mounted in your computers filesystem. Check Windows Explorer for the drive letter you chose. You can access the data within the restore point now. This does not download any data unless you copy it out of the temporary drive. This does not alter data on the backup servers. Once you are done, ensure that no other programs are accessing the data, and unmount the drive as you would any other.