Snapshot Restores can be used to restore data directly from disk if your internet connection too slow for your needs. Data is first exported by BackupVault from the BackupVault Storage Platform onto a removable USB disk, which is then shipped to the end user.
If you require a Snapshot Restore, please first contact BackupVault support by sending a support ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Import a backup snapshot
- Connect the restore disk to the machine.
- In the BackupVault Pro client, go to:
- Import Restore Snapshot.
- Click Browse and locate the directory on the USB disk where the snapshot is located and click Select
- Tick Show Restore Snapshot(s) in Restore panel
- Click OK
- In the restore panel you will now find Snapshots underneath the Previous Backups in the available backup dates in the left hand panel
- You can now click on the Restore tab to browse the snapshot data
- Right click on the file/folder(s) you wish to restore and click Restore
- The files will now be restored directly from the USB snapshot drive