BackupVault is able to restore your Exchange mailbox data with ease. You will need a SuperUser account for the backup console, and a Global Admin account for Microsoft 365. To get started, follow the steps below:
- Log into the online Backup Management Console under a SuperUser account
- Open the action menu (the cog icon on the left hand side) for the domain and select Restore Exchange.
- Click Connect and log in with your Office 365 admin credentials.
- Once, connected successfully, click Next.
- Select the mailbox you wish to restore items from. You will see the list of backed up mailboxes and their types (Regular, Shared and Deleted). Click Next.
- Select the backup date/session you wish to restore from.
- Select the type of data to restore from the Folders tab. You can choose from Whole mailbox (by ticking the mailbox name), Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, Sent Items etc. Select the item(s) you wish to restore.
- Or, select the folder you wish to filter from the list and move to the filters tab.
- Select Apply and choose the restore location. You can choose an Auto-Generated location, the original location or a new location which you will be required to specify. Select Next.Note: Where a mailbox has been deleted or is unlicensed, you will only have access to restore to an Auto-Generated or a New location. You must be a Security Officer in order to restore from a deleted or unlicensed mailbox.
- Click Restore to start the recovery process.
- Click Finish to complete the restore process.