Profiling within the management console allows you to enforce certain inclusions, exclusions and rules upon a group. All backup accounts within this group will then apply these profile rules. The profile rules take precedence over any equivalent settings in the backup client.
How to enable Profiling
Follow the steps below to enable profiling:
1. Log into the Management Console, right click on the group and select Configure.
2. Click on the Profiling tab and select Enable Profiling.
3. Select the + sign next to a node to display a list of options.
5. For example, to enable a daily automatic backup at a set time, expand Backup Schedule and select Daily Automatic Backup and click on the >> icon.
6. Select True and click OK.
7. Select Backup Time and then >>.
8. Enter in the correct time and click OK.
9. Once you have configured all that you require click OK. When the backups next run they will adhere to the profile rules.
There are various other popular options you can configure, such as Retry Attempts, Timeouts, Local Backups, Include SQL, Include System State etc etc.
Configure Global Exclusions
The Global Exclusions node is a popular option and allows you too exclude all files with particular extensions, file names, or last modified dates.
1. Select the + icon next to Global Exclusions, select Exclusion Filter and then >>.
2. For example, exclude all mp3, avi, mpg files as well as the folders Videos and My Music and their contents.
3. Click OK to save.
Configure Inclusions by file type
This option is useful if you always want to protect a certain file type extension, file, or folder within a backup group.
1. On the Profile tab, under Inclusions, Available Filters, click Add.
2. Enter a name for the filter and specify any file extensions you wish to protect.
3. Click OK to save.
Configure Inclusions by folder or file
To always include certain file or folders names in a backup:
1. Under Inclusion Specifications, select Add.
2. Select either Folder with a filter applied, Complete Folder, or Single File. If you wish to apply a filter previous created, select it here.
4. Click OK to save.