BackupVault Pro can protect network shares. Below are some of the errors, warnings, and events from the logs that indicate a network share issue:
Note: The paths are examples. Your path will be different in most cases.
- \\192.168.2.16\public is offline and will be skipped
- Files not found – ()
- Items with errors – ()
- Skipping: \…\ (unavailable)
- Skipping an included folder ‘\\192.168.1.10\folder’ (Open file failed; path=\\?\UNC\192.168.1.10\folder\,  The network path was not found.)
- Uncategorized errors – ()
Check if the network share has been added and authenticated
- From the Backup Client open the Network view on the left panel
- Check the Network Path and login details
Check if the network share is accessible
- Is the network share is accessible from you PC?
- Check the permissions on the path (the client cannot back it up if it is Read Only)
Note: Prior to Windows Server 2012, VSS did not work on network shares.