How to throttle connection upload speeds on BackupVault Pro
BackupVault Pro allows users to throttle the upload speed at a specific time of day. This is commonly used to prevent the backup software using up all the available Internet bandwidth when running a backup during the day. Data is then only transferred at specific speeds during each interval.
To setup connection throttling, create a throttle map:
- Open the backup client and click on Tools, Options, then Speed Limit
- In the Speed Limits area you can specify one or more speed limits. For example, you can select Limit 1 to only allow an upload speed of 500KB/sec. A limit of 0 means that no limit will be applied
- In the Timetable area select a speed limit colour you wish to use such as green (Limit 1). Click on the areas you want to have the Limit 1 applied and "paint" those times in that colour
- Repeat this process for any other custom speed limits you would like in place
- Click OK
- The connection throttled speeds will apply the next time a backup is run.
Article ID: 6
Created: Thu, May 15, 2014
Last Updated: Sun, Jun 23, 2019
Author: Rob Stevenson
Online URL: https://www.backupvault.co.uk/kb/article/how-to-throttle-connection-upload-speeds-on-backupvault-pro.html