How to backup a network share with BackupVault Pro
The BackupVault Pro client has the ability to backup network drives. It is not advisable to backup by selecting a mapped network drive in case the server is logged off. The recommended method is to backup a UNC path as described below:
- Open the BackupVault Pro software and click on the Network tab on the left hand side.
- Specify the network path you wish to connect to (see example image).
- If the share requires a username/password, enter them in the corresponding boxes.
- The network path will now be visible in the backup selection tree on the left hand side.
- Right-click on the desired files/folders you require to be backed up and click Include
- Click Backup to run the backup job.
Article ID: 70
Created: Tue, May 14, 2019
Last Updated: Tue, May 14, 2019
Author: Rob Stevenson
Online URL: https://www.backupvault.co.uk/kb/article/how-to-backup-a-network-share-with-backupvault-pro.html