As standard, incremental backups from a minimum of 30 days to a maximum of 60 days with 1 month-end roll-up are stored on the Storage Platform.
The month-end roll-up contains the last version of each individual file that is selected for backup. Extended visibility of this data can be changed to suit the company’s requirement.
1. Files are selected and the initial backup process starts:
2. Subsequent daily backups are run every day for 30 days:
3. After 60 days, the backups continue into the third month:
4. At the beginning of the third month, the daily versions of each individual files in month 1 are consolidated into the last version of that file. This is also known as the month end roll-up:
5. Further daily backups of files occur to the beginning of the fourth month:
6. At the beginning of the fourth month, the daily versions of each individual files in month 2 are consolidated into the last version of that file:
7. Month 1 consolidated files are removed:
8. This whole cycle is then repeated. At any time, daily versions of files are available for a minimum of 30 days to a maximum of 60 days with 1 month end roll-up.
The number of month end rollups can be extended on the Storage Platform if required. Please contact us for a specific quotation.