Privacy & Cookies
Effective date: June 2023
We value your business, and we know privacy is important to you. It’s important to us too.
BackupVault trades under Blueraq Networks Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) and operates the www.backupvault.co.uk website and software (the “Service”).
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy and accuracy of Personal Data of our website visitors, service users and email recipients. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
All Personal Data shall be held and used in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and national laws implementing GDPR and any legislation that replaces it in whole or in part and any other legislation relating to the protection of Personal Data. If you want to know what Personal Data we collect and hold about you, or to exercise any of your rights as set out below, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blueraq Networks Ltd is registered at 2 Mountside, Stanmore, Middlesex, HA7 2DT is the controller of your Personal Data for the purposes of the GDPR and is a company registered under number 05104805 and whose VAT number is 848 5356 87.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any Personal Data are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processor (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
BackupVault collects several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”).
Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, city, county, postcode
- Cookies and Usage Data
BackupVault’s Terms and Conditions apply when using our Service, and a specific set of terms relating to the Service you purchase will be sent to you upon request.
You may provide us with information in a number of ways:
- By supplying us with the above information on an individual basis, by registering to use our Service or subscribing to receive updates or offers from us.
- By corresponding with us by email, in which case we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
- Through any preferences and areas of interest as advised by you on subscribing to our Service.
- By the information provided when you use our mobile optimised website from your portable hand-held device, including details of your physical location, where you have agreed to it being used.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Service.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of our Service.
BackupVault may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails or by contacting us directly.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from our website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept Cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Information such as your browser type, operating system and other non-personal information is used.
We use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to communicate with your computer when you need to provide us with sensitive information. This includes any payment processing and access to your control panel or portal. SSL is accepted as the industry standard, secure way of encrypting the information passed between us and makes it extremely difficult for anyone else to intercept the transmission.
BackupVault provides online backup and storage services and as such, provides the facility for you to upload and store text files, documents, images, videos and other digital content. We have strict internal procedures and systems in place to ensure that no one (BackupVault’s staff included) can access or view this digital content. We will never disclose this content to any third party unless in receipt of a valid court order requiring us to do so.
Use of Data
BackupVault will use Personal Data for a number of different purposes, including:
- To process details of your purchased Service and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- Administration purposes
- Contact information from the registration forms is used to answer questions, give information about our company and Service; allowing the download of our trial software.
- Customising our Service and its content to your particular preferences
- Notifying you of any changes to our Service which may affect you
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- Contact information from surveys is used to make improvements to our Service and to increase our knowledge of the needs of our customers and those who visit our site. It is also used to help us improve our internet marketing techniques.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other Service information which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings by using the opt-out section.
- We may process information found on public social networking profiles (“Public Data”) and other from other publicly available sources. This data may include name, employment information, career information, education details, job title, email address and other relevant information. Public Data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling our Service to you.
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
In certain circumstances, once we have deleted or anonymised your data, we may need to retain parts of it (for example, your email address), to comply with our obligations under GDPR or other legislation, or for fraud detection purposes.
Transfer of Data
Your Information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your country where the data protection laws may differ than those within your area.
If you are located outside the United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, within the United Kingdom and process it there.
Any information that BackupVault needs to store and process will be carried out on databases located in the UK, and in full compliance of the Data Protection Act.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, BackupVault may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
BackupVault may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of BackupVault
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
The legal basis for processing your information
Under GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon to process your Personal Data are the following:
- Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation – we are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your Personal Data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your information to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency
- Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests – either we or a third party, will need to process your Personal Data for the purposes of our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your information protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, notifying of changes to our Service, optimising our website and user experience, informing you about related and relevant information and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner
- Consent – in some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your Personal Data in a particular way.
Security of Data
The security of your data is extremely important to us. However, it’s also important to remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use every reasonable, commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security – no one can.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
BackupVault aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your preference settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to BackupVault. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
To the extent that we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by unsubscribing via the link provided in any direct marketing communication or contacting us at the email address: email@example.com
You can exercise any of the above rights by contacting us at the email address set out above. You can exercise your rights free of charge. Most of the above rights are subject to limitations and exceptions. We will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with any request for the exercise of your rights. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers” or “Data Processors”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page.
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
- You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page.
- Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page.
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
- You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook. Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy.
LinkedIn remarketing and advertising service is provided by LinkedIn Inc.
Twitter remarketing service is provided by Twitter Inc.
Trusted Third Parties
In order to provide certain aspects of our Service, we will share your Personal Data with third-party service providers such as IT infrastructure companies and email logistics/marketing automation providers. We will not share your Personal Data with any third party where it is not necessary to do so to provide a service to you.
- We may also use your data or permit carefully selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods or services, which may be of interest to you.
- CRM systems: Pipedrive
- Email logistics / automation provider: ActiveCampaign and Pipedrive
- Marketing Agency:
- Tiger Marketing
- Social Prospecting Company: SoPro
New Business Owners
If we or our business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we will share your Personal Data with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors. If this happens, our customers will be sent notice of such an event.
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us.
If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Making a Complaint
If you are unhappy about our use of your information, you can contact us at the link above. You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office using any of the below contact methods:
Telephone: 0303 123 11113
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF